Monday, January 08, 2007

Resolve

Didn't post yesterday. Between church, lunch with the in-laws, wallpapering my daughter's bedroom with my mom, then an evening visit from the in-laws (yes, twice in one day), I had no time to get online.

My food was pretty sloppy this weekend. I know it's a bad habit: I get a good weigh-in reading, then let myself eat more than I usually would, or things I normally wouldn't. I was still very active, but I know that's not a good rationalization for messy eating.

But no time to beat myself up about it. Back to form today; I've measured out and prepared my food for most of my day, and already thinking up healthy foods for supper.

That's the trick, isn't it? That no matter how sloppy I am, no matter how badly I eat one day, I keep managing to get back on track. My goals may take longer than I had originally hoped, but at least there's still a chance of them happening. If I quit and give up, then it will never happen.

I know it's a little late in the month to be coming up with Resolutions for 2007, but I do have a few I'd like to throw out there:

1. I resolve to not buy any more clothing from a plus size store/section in 2007, or any year after that, for that matter.

2. I resolve to walk in our area 5k/10k. I don't know if I'll leap to the 10k or stick with the shorter race, but one way or another I'll be there.

3. I resolve to continue my healthy habits: being a mindful eater, being physically active, and being a regular blogger.

4. I resolve to be kind to myself. Whether that means not beating myself up after a slip-up, telling someone "no" when I need to, or giving myself some pampering or a pep rally.

The good thing about these resolutions is that I'm doing them already -- or at least trying. It's just a continuation of my ongoing goals. And wouldn't it be nice if I never had to buy something with an X in the size ever again? Hmmm....

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

That's the trick, you're right, to get back on track.

I tend to eat sloppy after weigh-in myself so I understand exactly where you're coming from.

I still think you're doing great and plugging along.

Ah, maybe we should start a "Be Kind To Yourself" club.