Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday Part One

After I posted yesterday I went back to the garage to go through more items: sorting to throw away, to give to the rummage sale or to keep. There were a bunch of my old clothes there, the big clothes from my heaviest days. I found a pair of my size 28 jeans and brought them in for Hubby to see. He was flabbergasted. I'll have to have him or Mabel take a picture of me in them to post here.

But after I worked on this I started to feel ill. I felt weak, nauseated, achy, and a mild headache. My husband had something similar a few days ago and called in sick from work. While I wanted to get more work done in the garage, it just wasn't happening and I decided to take it easy for the rest of the day. One bright side of this attack was that I got a pass on the in-law lunch. My daughter requested Red Lobster, and they agreed to it, so I considered myself lucky that I didn't have to fight the urge to eat five cheesy biscuits and a pile of shrimp Alfredo. Although at the time I didn't feel like eating much of anything; I wound up having a can of chicken soup for lunch and watched a bunch of chick flicks ("The Lake House" and "Vanity Fair")

By evening I was feeling better, and this morning I did sleep in for a few extra minutes, but I then decided to get up and walk outside and did the 2-mile walk from my house to our town's high school and back. I think I had just worn myself out and yesterday I needed a day to rest.

Today is the big doctor's appointment. This morning my scale read 210.5, which I was pretty happy about considering the amount of bloat I'd managed to suck up over my Easter blow-out. Yes, I've regained a little, but I'm very close to where I was the last time I was weighed at the doctor's office, so I'm content with that. I'm also happy that my regain is less than I feared.

I have to go, but I will try to report in later this afternoon after my appointment.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I meant you should PRETEND to be sick and not get sick. I'm sorry you were ill on a pretty day but I'm glad you got a pass from the in-law's lunch. (I always get the salad there.)

Good luck on your doctor's visit. I think you'll find s/he will be very understanding.