Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Week Nineteen Weigh In

Nineteen has always been my special number. I was born on the 19th, as was my grandmother and a number of friends. I have always lived on or near a road with the number 19 in it. I've even had a telephone number that was xxx-1919! If I get an airline ticket and the flight or row number includes a 19, I feel much better about it. I don't know if I consider it lucky, but it definitely appears again and again in my life.

So you'd think I'd get on here today saying wow, it's the nineteenth week, and guess what, I lost 19 pounds! Um, no. In fact, I've stayed exactly the same as last week -- 208.5. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that I didn't gain with the two day eating fest on Saturday and Sunday and the lack of exercise this week. The cold has not gotten worse, but it's just kind of hanging around, stuffing me up and making me feel worn out.

I guess I'll just chalk it up to a sick week and set my sights for Week 20. I'll rest this weekend, try my darnedest not to binge, and hopefully on Monday I'll be back to exercising and burning off those calories.

Gotta' go; Mabel's finally going back to gymnastics after a three-week absence due to her surgery. Everybody try to keep warm!

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

I think you're right; you've been struggling with food and exercise and stress and just about everything else. Maintaining is fine.

Remember you've got a cold too.

So rest and get well and let's see what happens next week. I have faith in you!