Sunday, December 17, 2006

Week Eleven Weigh In

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Between shlepping my daughter everywhere and packing, I didn't have a lot of down time.

As of Saturday I'm down one pound, to 214. Not a huge surprise, I suppose, since I had the big 4 pound loss last week. My body tends to balance out those big drops with a slow week afterwards. Besides, this follows the same pattern I've had before: big losses on the week of my TOTM and the week immediately following it, then slow moving on the other two weeks.

I had a bad dream last night that I had my metabolic rate scientifically tested, and they came to tell me it was horribly low -- something like 2 calories an hour! Now, I do have PCOS and thyroid problems, which I'm treating with medicine. But I've never used that as an excuse. In fact, when I was finally diagnosed with these conditions (after years of suspecting I did), that's when I was finally able to lose the weight. I suppose once I had concrete proof I had these problems, and more importantly, started receiving medicine to counteract the effects, I was able to rise to the challenge. But that's been the story of my life; I don't really get motivated until I have a specific deadline or challenge to tackle.

So hey, I'm content with the 214. Getting ever closer to the big 2-0-0, and then Onederful Land! If my estimations are correct, and if I can survive the holidays and the post-holiday blues, I think I might be able to reach the Promised Land sometime in February. Of course, I've made these predictions many, many, times, and something always seems to derail me. But I must think positively! I've got this blog and my wonderful visitors to encourage and support me. I've learned important lessons from previous winters, previous weight loss rounds, and I'll be tweaking my program to get the best results.

Wish me and my daughter luck; we're doing our big song at the Christmas program today, and I pray I don't hit any clunkers and mess up Mabel in her first solo debut. After that, I'm loading up all the boxes I have packed and taking them up to the garage of the new house. All that lifting and carrying should get me some decent exercise, I think.

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

Hey you're down. You had a stressful week plus you are able to chart the flucuations of your weight loss.

I hope you had a good time at the Christmas program. I know you guys did well.