Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Getting Back on Track?

Wow, I've really been missing in action online! I just couldn't seem to find the time to blog, and even today I'm squeezing it in between lunch and yoga -- and I couldn't even finish this sentence without being interrupted with a phone call.

Since Sunday I've been on Wellbutrin, and while I don't feel a big change as far as sedation or mood altering is involved, I do notice I'm not finding that drive to binge that's been making me so crazy the last few weeks. I'm not plotting and scheming about getting to a store to buy something "bad," then more plotting and scheming to snarf it down while no one's looking. Wellbutrin is also sold as Zyban and is used to decrease the cravings to smoke, so maybe this is slowly beginning to work on my cravings to overeat, too.


Along with not making the time to blog, I'm also finding it very hard to keep up regular exercise. Perhaps it's a good sign that this is beginning to bother me, and now instead of plotting how I'll inhale half a dozen doughnuts, I'm trying to figure out how to get back into the treadmill/ stationary bike routine again. I know, I just need to DO IT and quit thinking about it, but I'm moving in the right direction.


I hate to cut this short, but once again I've got things I have to get done. I really do hope this is the beginning of me getting back on track. I really need to get back to a point where I'm feeling good about myself again. And I don't mean the number on the scale. I mean my energy level, my ability to self-motivate and a general contentment with how things are. I guess I just have to keep trying, because the alternative is simply not an option.

No comments: