Saturday, July 03, 2004

Off to a Good Start

I am truly shocked and shaken to be in the 240s already (I hit 248 yesterday). But I've been really active this week. I hardly sat down at all to watch TV or anything, and I guess it paid off. With any luck, if I'm already off to such a good start, and with no major pig out events scheduled until August, I may far and exceed my monthly goal of reaching 240. Stress with the new job may be a detrimental factor; there was a study in the news this week proving (my theory at least in my overeating) that people recover and comfort themselves by eating after stressful moments. It's certainly what I did after leaving my job, and even during those years, I'd come home from a crappy day and want to EAT.

This past week I started doing the treadmill in the morning as soon as I get up, and I think that's a new routine I can handle. This month I have a feeling getting gym time in is going to be more difficult as I'm in training mode and following the outgoing secretary's schedule. But once she's gone and it's my ship to run, I'll make sure that time is allotted in the morning. I don't relish going to the gym in the afternoons (too hot!), but I may have to on some days if I want to get it done.

In this past week of cleaning and reorganizing I've come across a lot of photos, and that's when it really sinks in that I've lost so much weight. On a day to day basis it's difficult sometimes to see much of a difference, but when I look at pictures, even from this past October, it's amazing to see just in the face how much of the fat is gone. Sometimes I even catch a glance of myself in the mirror and I'm pleasantly surprised by the attractive girl I see there without the puffiness and double chin.

I mentioned there's no major pig outs before, but of course I'm excluding our July 4th picnic tomorrow. Clearly my mind's already moved on to better things! Meanwhile, I have to spend all day today making the food, so I guess I better get out of bed and get to work. Although I'm enjoying what will probably be one of my few sleep-in mornings for some time!

No comments: