Thursday, June 10, 2004

Concentrate on the Positive

I'm having one of those days where I'm feeling like I'm slipping on my plan, having yet another "bad" day yesterday. Chinese with SA and a hot dog and buttery potatoes and onions for supper at SM's. I really felt like I had failed -- even though I did fine Monday and Tuesday, have gone to the gym all this week, and have gotten right back on track today.

How do I stop beating myself up over the occasional day of not eating at my ideal? How do I let myself be an imperfect human being and not sabotage myself in the long run with this negativity? It's totally unrealistic to expect myself to lose 3 to 5 pounds every single week. I've got 20 more days to love seven more pounds -- it doesn't happen in 10 days! I just have to concentrate on being the best person I can be for that day -- forget about any failures in the past and not fret about what's ahead.

I need to focus more on all the compliments I'm getting from so many people -- concentrate on the positive!

No comments: